If you want to keep your curtains look as new daily, you need to think about regular dusting. In general, to keep curtains free from dirt, dust, stains, odours, mould, and allergies cleaning every few months is necessary. One of our recommendations is to go for regular dusting and cleaning every 3 to 6 months to maintain the curtain glory. In fact, once you start keeping your curtains clean, then your interiors become fresh and always give good vibes. Let us focus now on how regular dusting is necessary for your curtains.
How Regular Dusting Of Curtains Help
No Layer Of Dust On Curtains
Most curtains accumulate dirt daily. If they are not removed on the same-day, over a few days a layer of dust can form. Curtains need regular cleaning like any other fabric belongings. And if your curtains has lots of dust, they can degrade the air surrounding them. Therefore, it is important to regularly dust your curtains despite they look neat and clean. For curtains that have issues regarding dust, then they are to be cleaned every 3 to 6 months professionally.
Stop Stains On Curtains
On ignoring daily dirt, your curtains become victims of stains. So, you should include regular dusting for your curtains. In fact, regular curtain dusting is an essential thing in order to protect your curtain fabrics. We have seen many such curtains getting damaged due to regular dusting ignorance.
Stop Chances For Mould Growth
Dust and moisture on your curtains can increase the chance of mould growth. With regular dusting, you can keep your curtains dirt-free, ultimately there will be less support for mould growth. This can save your curtains from mould even if there is moisture around your curtain.
Fewer Chance For Bad Odours
One of the reasons why curtains smell is because of the dust and moisture presence; as these form a thin layer of mud. In fact, if the curtains are in places like the basement, bathroom and laundry rooms, then dust and moisture can be responsible for bad odours from your curtains. Regularly dusting your curtains is a solution to this problem. No dust on curtains means less chance for bad odours.
Less Asthma Attacks & Allergic Reactions
Dust leads to triggering asthma and allergies. The allergic reactions you commonly face because of dusty curtains are runny nose, coughing or sneezing. In some other cases, when a person is already asthmatic, dust particles from curtains trigger asthma attacks regularly. Regular dusting your curtains can resolve this issue to a certain extent. With this, your curtains need a thorough cleaning every now and then depending on the situation at your place. Generally, for curtains that are in the living room, they need cleaning every month and the curtains in the bathroom need once in 3 months.
For Curtains Long Life And Good Look
Consequently, regular dusting can help in ensuring a long life for your curtains. You can see good looking curtains at your place daily. The fibres of your curtains will always have its natural strength and colour. This can also save you from a daunting deep cleaning.
How To Do Regular Dusting Of Curtains?
Regular dusting of curtains is an important part of maintaining a clean and dust-free home environment. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do regular dusting of curtains:
Start by gathering the necessary supplies, including a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment or a handheld vacuum, a clean microfiber cloth or a duster, and a step stool or a ladder if needed.
- If your vacuum cleaner has a brush attachment, use it to gently vacuum the curtains from top to bottom. Start at the top of the curtain and work your way down, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- If you have a handheld vacuum, use it to carefully vacuum the curtains, paying attention to both sides and any pleats or folds.
Shake or Beat:
- Take down any removable curtain accessories, such as tiebacks or decorative elements.
- Take the curtains outside, if possible, and give them a good shake to dislodge any loose dust and dirt. Alternatively, you can also use a soft broom or a rug beater to gently beat the curtains to remove dust.
- Make sure to choose an appropriate area outdoors, away from other people and objects, to avoid spreading dust.
- If you notice any stains or spots on the curtains, spot clean them using a mild detergent or a fabric cleaner. Follow the instructions on the product label and test it on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it doesn’t cause any damage or discoloration.
- After vacuuming and shaking, use a clean microfiber cloth or a duster to dry dust the curtains. Gently run the cloth along the surface, paying attention to folds, edges, and any decorative details.
- Work your way from top to bottom, and periodically shake out the cloth to remove accumulated dust.
Rehang the Curtains:
- Once you’ve finished dusting, allow the curtains to air out for a few minutes to remove any remaining dust particles.
- Rehang the curtains carefully, ensuring they are properly aligned and hanging evenly.
Remember, the frequency of dusting your curtains depends on various factors such as indoor air quality, the presence of pets, and the level of dust accumulation. Regularly dusting your curtains, along with maintaining a clean living space, can help improve indoor air quality and keep your curtains looking fresh.
You may have understood how regular dusting is necessary for your curtains. This is not to be ignored, it is for your good health and let you use your curtains for many years. It is upon you- if you want to do it yourself or ask some curtain cleaning professionals to do it.